Knoxville Daily Photo will post one photo per day taken from the Knoxville/Knox County, Tennessee area. Knoxville is the city of my birth, the place where I work, and the largest city near our hometown. It's a wonderful community in which to raise our family. It's really a beautiful place . . . . at least I think so.

I am not a professional photographer; I call myself a point & shoot photographer. I have had a genuine love for and interest in photography since childhood. My camera is a Nikon Coolpix S600 ~ which I love for many reasons that I won't list here. Sometimes I use my old camera which is a Nikon Coolpix 5900.

Photography is something that I enjoy immensely. My photographs & albums are treasured above all other material things I own. The memories that are captured and preserved through my camera are so precious.

I am glad that I have discovered City Daily Photo and started a photo blog. It's an honor to share my little corner of the world with those who find themselves here. Enjoy looking around my blog, and welcome to all who visit.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Leaves Can Be Fun

Mama . . . . now can we play in the leaves?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Amazing amount of leaves!!! Beautiful colours too!

Tanya Breese said...

That looks like our front yard last week!

Anonymous said...

This looks like my yard. There are so many leaves I can't find the side walk.

Hilda said...

LOL! You have very patient kids. :D

It's photos like these that make me wish we had autumn. Beautiful!

Bernie said...

Now comes the "fun" part - raking up those leaves. :)

Debbie Courson Smith said...

I bet they had fun! We've not been able to do much leaf-play this year because of the rain. Bummer! Although, the rain is an excuse not to rake.

Sterl the Pearl's Daily Pics of Boulder said...

That is a cute shot and so pretty! What good looking kids.

Tash said...

So many leaves on the ground and there is still great color on the trees. I like the title - you must be greatful to have kids that are willing to pose. Thank you for the well wishes for the SoCal residents.
BTW I really liked the green building & the WOMEN's basketball HoF & the cloud! I love the details and the composition & the crispness of all your photos.

brian stout said...

beautiful colors in this shot! and that is a LOT of leaves!!

Marcel said...

Hi Hope,

Your kids are always extra cute and sitting in the leaves was a very cool way to capture the colors and their fun smiles.

It looks like Tuesday will be my last posting on Sitka Daily Photo. In these questionable economic times I feel very lucky that my business is taking off and growing. But, I know it is not going to grow on its own, so that means I need to put more time into it. Of course that means less time for leisure things like blogging and taking photos.

I’ll keep checking in on your blog from time to time, because I always enjoy your posts and photos.

Thanks for all your extra kind words on my blog!

Take care,

Jim Klenke said...

Excellent shot, your leaves all look perfect. I bet they had lots of fun playing in them.

Leedra said...

Not sure how you got them to sit still with all that fun around them.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Wow! Great photo! Gorgeous leaves!



10/21/08 ~ Thank you to Leedra from Photography by Leedra


10/23/08 ~ Thanks so much to Tanya from Around Roanoke Daily Photo Blog

10/23/08 ~ Thanks also to Laurie from Glimpses of South Pasadena and your very kind words (to follow) . . .

"With gratitude and great pleasure I would like to pass the award to these photography bloggers:

Hope of Knoxville Daily Photo. Hope can squeeze images out of her Nikon Coolpix that will astonish you. The photographs of her kids capture the essence of childhood and a mother's love with the same poignancy and joy of the paintings of Mary Cassatt..."


Tanya and Laurie . . . . I am truly honored and flattered that you have chosen me to receive this award. Sincere thanks to both of you for this award and your nice comments!



10/28/08 ~ Sincere thanks to JM of Oeiras and Environs Daily Photo who has given this award to me. I am truly honored and will enjoy passing this award on to others.

11/4/08 ~ Thanks so much to Sean Claes of Kyle, Texas Daily Photo for giving this award to me, also. It's a great honor and I appreciate it so much!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map