Knoxville Daily Photo will post one photo per day taken from the Knoxville/Knox County, Tennessee area. Knoxville is the city of my birth, the place where I work, and the largest city near our hometown. It's a wonderful community in which to raise our family. It's really a beautiful place . . . . at least I think so.

I am not a professional photographer; I call myself a point & shoot photographer. I have had a genuine love for and interest in photography since childhood. My camera is a Nikon Coolpix S600 ~ which I love for many reasons that I won't list here. Sometimes I use my old camera which is a Nikon Coolpix 5900.

Photography is something that I enjoy immensely. My photographs & albums are treasured above all other material things I own. The memories that are captured and preserved through my camera are so precious.

I am glad that I have discovered City Daily Photo and started a photo blog. It's an honor to share my little corner of the world with those who find themselves here. Enjoy looking around my blog, and welcome to all who visit.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Red Sky at Night

On a Saturday evening last June we were blessed with this gorgeous red sky at sunset.

Happy SkyWatch Friday! To see more SkyWatch photos from around the world visit Skyley at www.skyley.blogspot.com.



22 comments:

Juneau Alaska Photos said...

Happy Thanksgiving from Juneau, Alaska!
Your "Red Sky at Night" photo is beautiful. It reminds me of when we use to live in Nenana, Alaska and the aurora borealis (or northern lights) were red. Imagine the sky being red like this but dancing all over. It's pretty surreal!
Have a wonderful weekend!:)

Connie T. said...

That is a nice red sky. I live in Knoxville too.

Unknown said...

Oh wow. this is certainly a "sailors delight". Wonderful colors.

Louise said...

Breathtaking! Beautiful perspective.

Guy D said...

Simply beautiful.

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

Jill said...

Beautiful capture of a remarkable sunset.

angela said...

That is one dramatic sunset. Amazing.

Unknown said...

Wow! That's a stunning red sky!

Jim Klenke said...

Great colors.

Jane Hards Photography said...

That's one firey sky. Superb.

Tanya Breese said...

Holy moly, the sky is on fire! Gorgeous shot Hope! Enjoy your Thanksgiving today :) My mom is doing hers tomorrow.

Hilda said...

Fiery!

Bernie said...

Wow, that is beautiful!! I like your Historic Tennessee Theatre shots too.

By the way, do you ever run into Kenny Chesney in Knoxville? :)

Hope said...

Hi Bernie....I have never seen Kenny Chesney in Knoxville. But, I am friends with some folks that know Kenny Chesney and his family. His family lives in a neighboring county to the north of Knox Co.

Leedra said...

The red is gorgeous! Great SWF post.

gogouci said...

Cool deep warm, reds. Must have been an awesome sight.

ChrissyM said...

Gorgeous photo! This is stunning. I would so love to see a sky like this. Gorgeous!! I love this photo! Gorgeous!

DeniseinVA said...

That is a beautiful photo Hope, gorgeous colors in that sunset. Wat a great capture.

Tash said...

The reddest sky ever! How great that you took the picture & shared with us. Have a very fun long weekend.

Virginia said...

Perfect Skywatch photo Hope. Love the silhouette of the trees against that gorgeous red sky!

Anonymous said...

Very striking photo - the color is quite dramatic and makes a lovely contrast to the silhouette of the tree branches.

crittoria said...

Gorgeous!!



10/21/08 ~ Thank you to Leedra from Photography by Leedra


10/23/08 ~ Thanks so much to Tanya from Around Roanoke Daily Photo Blog

10/23/08 ~ Thanks also to Laurie from Glimpses of South Pasadena and your very kind words (to follow) . . .

"With gratitude and great pleasure I would like to pass the award to these photography bloggers:

Hope of Knoxville Daily Photo. Hope can squeeze images out of her Nikon Coolpix that will astonish you. The photographs of her kids capture the essence of childhood and a mother's love with the same poignancy and joy of the paintings of Mary Cassatt..."


Tanya and Laurie . . . . I am truly honored and flattered that you have chosen me to receive this award. Sincere thanks to both of you for this award and your nice comments!



10/28/08 ~ Sincere thanks to JM of Oeiras and Environs Daily Photo who has given this award to me. I am truly honored and will enjoy passing this award on to others.

11/4/08 ~ Thanks so much to Sean Claes of Kyle, Texas Daily Photo for giving this award to me, also. It's a great honor and I appreciate it so much!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map