Knoxville Daily Photo will post one photo per day taken from the Knoxville/Knox County, Tennessee area. Knoxville is the city of my birth, the place where I work, and the largest city near our hometown. It's a wonderful community in which to raise our family. It's really a beautiful place . . . . at least I think so.

I am not a professional photographer; I call myself a point & shoot photographer. I have had a genuine love for and interest in photography since childhood. My camera is a Nikon Coolpix S600 ~ which I love for many reasons that I won't list here. Sometimes I use my old camera which is a Nikon Coolpix 5900.

Photography is something that I enjoy immensely. My photographs & albums are treasured above all other material things I own. The memories that are captured and preserved through my camera are so precious.

I am glad that I have discovered City Daily Photo and started a photo blog. It's an honor to share my little corner of the world with those who find themselves here. Enjoy looking around my blog, and welcome to all who visit.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

We're Going to Walt Disney World!

A few days ago we revealed to our children a wonderful surprise . . . . that we are taking them to Walt Disney World in December! This snapshot shows their happiness at the great news!

12 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

What a fun surprise!!

Jim Klenke said...

Oh, can I go! My parents took me when I was 13. I still remember the trip. Now the kids will have to start a countdown.

Leedra said...

Bet you had to make them sit for the photo. They weren't that calm about it on their own.

I am an odd one, never been there. Go to Fla several times a year. Think it might happen when the grandchild(ren) get this age.

Hope said...

Tanya...yes, it was a fun surprise! We couldn't wait to tell them!

Jim...The kids started a countdown the moment we told them. My son immediately counted out the days. Now every day he tells me how many days are left. Secretly, I have my own countdown on my computer. LOL!

Leedra...You aren't odd! I didn't go to Walt Disney World for the first time until I was 20 years old. Then there was another lapse of 15 years when husband and I won a grand-prize trip in 1998. But, I do have to admit, that now that we have the children we've gone to Walt Disney World 3 times since 2005. This will be our 4th trip with the kids!

I am a Disney fan, for certain. Bordering on obsessive (almost)!

Hope said...

Leedra....yes, I did have to make them sit down for this snapshot! There was much excitement in the room with family all around for the Big Reveal!

Ken Mac said...

We want pics of your cute kids in all the different villages!

Debbie Courson Smith said...

They sure look happy! I had a friend you didn't tell her kids about the trip in advance at all. Just picked them up from school and took them straight to the airport.

Hope said...

Ken Mac....be careful for what you ask for....I love to share vacation photos! LOL!

Boise Diva....we were going to wait until the last minute and do exactly as your friend and pick the kids up from school/daycare and go. But, then we decided to let the kids have a little fun with the anticipation of the trip. It's always fun to look forward to a vacation!

marley said...

They look so happy! Its good timing - it was Mickey's birthday yesterday!

Tash said...

Oh, boy, oh, boy! what fun that will be. I still love the rides and the wonder of Disneyland.

sonia a. mascaro said...

What a great surprise!

Unknown said...

They look so happy! :-) Lovely photo!



10/21/08 ~ Thank you to Leedra from Photography by Leedra


10/23/08 ~ Thanks so much to Tanya from Around Roanoke Daily Photo Blog

10/23/08 ~ Thanks also to Laurie from Glimpses of South Pasadena and your very kind words (to follow) . . .

"With gratitude and great pleasure I would like to pass the award to these photography bloggers:

Hope of Knoxville Daily Photo. Hope can squeeze images out of her Nikon Coolpix that will astonish you. The photographs of her kids capture the essence of childhood and a mother's love with the same poignancy and joy of the paintings of Mary Cassatt..."


Tanya and Laurie . . . . I am truly honored and flattered that you have chosen me to receive this award. Sincere thanks to both of you for this award and your nice comments!



10/28/08 ~ Sincere thanks to JM of Oeiras and Environs Daily Photo who has given this award to me. I am truly honored and will enjoy passing this award on to others.

11/4/08 ~ Thanks so much to Sean Claes of Kyle, Texas Daily Photo for giving this award to me, also. It's a great honor and I appreciate it so much!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map