Knoxville Daily Photo will post one photo per day taken from the Knoxville/Knox County, Tennessee area. Knoxville is the city of my birth, the place where I work, and the largest city near our hometown. It's a wonderful community in which to raise our family. It's really a beautiful place . . . . at least I think so.

I am not a professional photographer; I call myself a point & shoot photographer. I have had a genuine love for and interest in photography since childhood. My camera is a Nikon Coolpix S600 ~ which I love for many reasons that I won't list here. Sometimes I use my old camera which is a Nikon Coolpix 5900.

Photography is something that I enjoy immensely. My photographs & albums are treasured above all other material things I own. The memories that are captured and preserved through my camera are so precious.

I am glad that I have discovered City Daily Photo and started a photo blog. It's an honor to share my little corner of the world with those who find themselves here. Enjoy looking around my blog, and welcome to all who visit.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dandelion Seeds

I took this photo in April . . . in my front yard. Yes, we have many dandelions . . . only because I let my children blow the seeds into the wind for fun. Poof! Watch the seeds fly through the air. And they laugh with happiness.

We recently had a professional landscaper re-do our lawn . . . the dandelions will be gone next year. I think I'll miss them.

* * * * *

I've posted this photo for another reason. In recent months Knoxville has experienced 3 tragic events gaining national attention in the media. A church shooting. A school shooting. And yesterday, a mall shooting. 3 very violent acts. All resulting in deaths of innocents. Fine folks who didn't deserve to die in such a terrible way.

Life can change in an instant . . . like the dandelion plant which loses seeds with a poof of air. I send out prayers of healing and comfort for my city. . . for Knoxville.

13 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

Thats a great picture. Tragic events in Knoxville thats for sure. You never think about things happening like that in your town. Its always someplace else.

Tanya Breese said...

(((Hope)))Beautiful post and picture for a day of healing. Prayers sent to those involved. So sad.

Marcel said...

So very sad. You are right, even in our little town we have had this kind of tragic event. All my best to you and all of Knoxville.

Chuck Pefley said...

Hope, a powerful metaphor.

And yes, you will perhaps miss your personal dandelion crop, but never fear ... you won't have to go to far afield to renew your acquaintanceship :)

Thanks for your visit.

Rob said...

Sad events to bear.

Dandelions are a love /hate relationship, we love to hate them. Fantastic photo, though!

Louis la Vache said...

You did a fine job of capturing the wonderful geometry of this pesky plant's flower!

Debbie Courson Smith said...

Sorry to hear all the sadness in your community. It makes me want to make a wish and blew the seeds away myself!

Eric said...

Very nice shot. I like that

Laurie Allee said...

Sending love to Knoxville. This is a beautiful tribute. I'm so deeply saddened by these events.

Knoxville Girl said...

lovely macro. what has happened to our town? sigh.

Leedra said...

This is a beautiful photograph, you captured it so well. As your post captures what so many of us from here are feeling. Thank you the post.

Anil P said...

Super feel to the picture.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful photo. so sorry to hear of all of the senseless killings in Knoxville. No community deserves to endure such sadness.



10/21/08 ~ Thank you to Leedra from Photography by Leedra


10/23/08 ~ Thanks so much to Tanya from Around Roanoke Daily Photo Blog

10/23/08 ~ Thanks also to Laurie from Glimpses of South Pasadena and your very kind words (to follow) . . .

"With gratitude and great pleasure I would like to pass the award to these photography bloggers:

Hope of Knoxville Daily Photo. Hope can squeeze images out of her Nikon Coolpix that will astonish you. The photographs of her kids capture the essence of childhood and a mother's love with the same poignancy and joy of the paintings of Mary Cassatt..."


Tanya and Laurie . . . . I am truly honored and flattered that you have chosen me to receive this award. Sincere thanks to both of you for this award and your nice comments!



10/28/08 ~ Sincere thanks to JM of Oeiras and Environs Daily Photo who has given this award to me. I am truly honored and will enjoy passing this award on to others.

11/4/08 ~ Thanks so much to Sean Claes of Kyle, Texas Daily Photo for giving this award to me, also. It's a great honor and I appreciate it so much!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map