Knoxville Daily Photo will post one photo per day taken from the Knoxville/Knox County, Tennessee area. Knoxville is the city of my birth, the place where I work, and the largest city near our hometown. It's a wonderful community in which to raise our family. It's really a beautiful place . . . . at least I think so.

I am not a professional photographer; I call myself a point & shoot photographer. I have had a genuine love for and interest in photography since childhood. My camera is a Nikon Coolpix S600 ~ which I love for many reasons that I won't list here. Sometimes I use my old camera which is a Nikon Coolpix 5900.

Photography is something that I enjoy immensely. My photographs & albums are treasured above all other material things I own. The memories that are captured and preserved through my camera are so precious.

I am glad that I have discovered City Daily Photo and started a photo blog. It's an honor to share my little corner of the world with those who find themselves here. Enjoy looking around my blog, and welcome to all who visit.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Helicopters Above

Police helicopters circling overhead . . . my son was in awe! Not to worry . . . these flying machines were adding some excitement to a hometown parade.

* * * * *

This is a first for me . . . I'm officially participating in SkyWatch Friday! I've posted sky photos previously and not always on a Friday. Some comments mentioned SkyWatch Friday, and to be honest, I didn't know anything about it. So, of course, I was curious and decided to investigate. I found the Skyley website and thought it looked like lots of fun. Another great community of bloggers! Well, anyway, here goes my first SkyWatch post! To see more SkyWatch photos from all around the world visit Skyley at www.skyley.blogspot.com.




25 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

Happy skywatch Hope. It's funny, Jim did a helicopter picture too today! I always think it's neat when CDP'ers think alike! Have a great day :)

Knoxville Girl said...

You know what's *really* cool about this photo? One of the 'copters has whirling blades, and the other is frozen. How did you do that?!
Happy SWF!

Coloradolady said...

Great SWF post. Very different. Have a great weekend. Happy SWF.

Jim Klenke said...

I thought I left a comment this morning, but I guess I didnt, maybe I am losing my mind. Now it makes the comment seem strange.

OH, well. I said brilliant minds think alike.

Anonymous said...

I used to participate but getting around to over 300 participants is just beyond my ability so I only visit a few who I would visit anyway.

I like your parade photos and this one is suitable for the program you joined. Nice shot.

Hope said...

Hi Jim...I didn't get the earlier comment but your 2nd one did come through. I agree that great minds think alike! In fact, I just left that very same comment on your blog! LOL!

happyone said...

Welcome to SkyWatch. :-)
Great Photos!!

PJ said...

Great catch for your first SWF post, Hope, and welcome to Sky Watch Friday. I hope you'll join every week. It's the only meme I do on a regular basis and I love it more than I can say. Every week I get to take a flying trip around the world!

Som mine dager er said...

Hi

Welcome to SkyWatch. It's fun, isn't it? It is so nice to get to know each other around the world.

Happy Sky Watch.

Regards from Marit

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Hope, I'm so happy to see you here. This is a lovely intro photo. The parade sounded fun. And welcome to SkyWatch Friday.

Petrea Burchard said...

Nice catch!

Baruch said...

This is a great SWF contribution - well done!

Ken Mac said...

Hope, glad your'e digging the Cheyenne!

You take great pics too. So clear and great color. And killer subject matter :)I really think it's about the photographer, not the camera. I wish I had awarded one of my five to you, a couple people I awarded didn't even respond. Errggghhh. I would love to see your local diners.

EG CameraGirl said...

When I hear helicopters I think maybe marijuana grow-op is being watched or a road chase is on, so I'm glad to hear your photos are all about a parade. ;-)

airplane5312 said...

Great catch! I'm impressed that you got the rotor frozen. Happy SWF.

Unknown said...

Original skywatch photo! I can imagine your son's excitement! :-)

crittoria said...

What a fantastic choice for your first Skywatch photo!! Very cool shot - but if that pilot doesn't get his propeller going pretty soon, that chopper's coming down... ;-)

Debbie Courson Smith said...

Good skywatch joining shot!

Tink *~*~* said...

Hey Hope!

Awesome shot - man, I bet they made some NOISE! Around here we sometimes get helicopters (or a little crop duster plane) spraying for mosquitoes so we don't all get West Nile virus, and they are really very loud.

Thanks for stopping by today! Here's a Mickey head for ya - °o°


Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

Louis la Vache said...

Welcome to SWF, Hope! It's a great place to hang out on Friday!

Cindy said...

Welcome to Skywatch! I just joined it myself last week so I'm only one post ahead of you.
I have a sister who lives near Knoxville.
Thanks for coming by!

Brad Myers said...

Welcome to sky watch Friday and a nice first post.

Linda said...

Great capture of the helicopters. Thats so fun when you get a shot like that.
Thanks for visiting mine and your nice comments.

A Colorful World said...

Great Sky Watch photo, Hope! Glad you decided to join us! I haven't been doing it very long but it is really a lot of fun. I'm so happy you stopped by my blog and commented on my Sky Watch photo! Thanks! Come by and visit me anytime. I love your blog, too! Knoxville is very close to my cousin's home, Greeneville. She has a couple of blogs, if you want to check hers out some time by clicking on my sidebar (Willo-the-Wisp and Seeking Solace and Sublimity....oh, she also has The Fabulous Adventures of the Unit, which is different and fun!) I will visit you again! Take care-
Marie

Anonymous said...

I love how that chopper is just hanging in the air. Thanks for sharing. Hapy SWF



10/21/08 ~ Thank you to Leedra from Photography by Leedra


10/23/08 ~ Thanks so much to Tanya from Around Roanoke Daily Photo Blog

10/23/08 ~ Thanks also to Laurie from Glimpses of South Pasadena and your very kind words (to follow) . . .

"With gratitude and great pleasure I would like to pass the award to these photography bloggers:

Hope of Knoxville Daily Photo. Hope can squeeze images out of her Nikon Coolpix that will astonish you. The photographs of her kids capture the essence of childhood and a mother's love with the same poignancy and joy of the paintings of Mary Cassatt..."


Tanya and Laurie . . . . I am truly honored and flattered that you have chosen me to receive this award. Sincere thanks to both of you for this award and your nice comments!



10/28/08 ~ Sincere thanks to JM of Oeiras and Environs Daily Photo who has given this award to me. I am truly honored and will enjoy passing this award on to others.

11/4/08 ~ Thanks so much to Sean Claes of Kyle, Texas Daily Photo for giving this award to me, also. It's a great honor and I appreciate it so much!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map