Knoxville Daily Photo will post one photo per day taken from the Knoxville/Knox County, Tennessee area. Knoxville is the city of my birth, the place where I work, and the largest city near our hometown. It's a wonderful community in which to raise our family. It's really a beautiful place . . . . at least I think so.

I am not a professional photographer; I call myself a point & shoot photographer. I have had a genuine love for and interest in photography since childhood. My camera is a Nikon Coolpix S600 ~ which I love for many reasons that I won't list here. Sometimes I use my old camera which is a Nikon Coolpix 5900.

Photography is something that I enjoy immensely. My photographs & albums are treasured above all other material things I own. The memories that are captured and preserved through my camera are so precious.

I am glad that I have discovered City Daily Photo and started a photo blog. It's an honor to share my little corner of the world with those who find themselves here. Enjoy looking around my blog, and welcome to all who visit.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Driving Already?

I took this photo approximately 40 miles outside the Knoxville city limits. Daughter was using all her powers of concentration to drive her Little Piggy amusement park ride. I thought the colors were nice!




I have received a BFF blog award from Tanya at Around Roanoke Daily Photo Blog.

Thanks so very much, Tanya! It was such a nice surprise!

Later in the day, I realized that Laurie at Glimpses of South Pasadena had also given me this award. Thanks so much, Laurie, for this award and your very kind words mentioned in your post. Your words mean so very much to me.




I have noticed that this award has been passed among many blogs in the CDP family. I think this shows that we are all friends here no matter how new or established we may be with the CDP group. We are all here to share our part of the world with others...through our words and photos. What a wonderful community of blog friends!


Now it is my turn to pass the award on to some very deserving blogs following these rules:

1. Only five people are allowed.
2. Four have to be dedicated followers of your blog.
3. One has to be someone new or recently new to your blog and live in another part of the world.
4. You must link back to whoever gave you the award.


I have decided to pass this award on to the following . . .

1. Knoxville Girl at Knoxville Daily Photo

2. JM at Oeiras and Environs Daily Photo

3. Jim at Terrell Daily Photo

4. Rambling Round at Selma, Alabama Daily Photo

5. Z at Based in Villigen, Switzerland

12 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

Watch the road! The colors are great and I love her little tongue sticking out, too cute!

Come visit me for an award I've left you :)

Anonymous said...

I like this photo. Look at the concentration and the tongue. LOL

Unknown said...

You allways have amazing photos of your super cute children! :-)

Knoxville Girl said...

I love the sense of motion - she is ready for NASCAR.
Thanks mucho for the award; I'm so swamped at work right now, I don't have much time to visit everone I'd like to; blog on autopilot, that's me.

Z said...

Hi Hope, thank you for the thought, and I hope you'll understand if I gently decline the invitation. A severe lack of time means that I can't participate in these group activities with the level of involvement I would like to.

The rock wall from a few days ago looks like a lot of fun! Wouldn't have thought those socks would provide enough traction...

Janet said...

Hope, thank you for the blog award! I will be passing it along. I enjoy visiting your Knoxville photos.

Unknown said...

Hope, thank you so much for the award! I'm flattered and honored but I already have been given the BFF by Marie of Malta, as the banner on my blog says... Now, is there any rule saying one can't take two? Or maybe you would like to choose another CDP member. What do you think?

Hope said...

Hi JM....sorry I didn't see you had already received the award. But, I have noticed that some of the others have received this award more than once. I guess it's bound to happen with so many of us enjoying one another's blogs!

If it's OK with you, I would still like to give you the award. You always have nice comments for my blog, and I do appreciate it!

Unknown said...

I am double honored and of course I will receive your award! Thank you so much, Hope!

Hope said...

Hi Z from Based in Villigen....It's OK about the award. No worries.

gogouci said...

Nice choice in color...race car red. Good job looking over the shoulder before you make that lane change.

Jim Klenke said...

Thanks for the award Hope. Looks like your little one isnt keeping her eye on the road. Funny pic.



10/21/08 ~ Thank you to Leedra from Photography by Leedra


10/23/08 ~ Thanks so much to Tanya from Around Roanoke Daily Photo Blog

10/23/08 ~ Thanks also to Laurie from Glimpses of South Pasadena and your very kind words (to follow) . . .

"With gratitude and great pleasure I would like to pass the award to these photography bloggers:

Hope of Knoxville Daily Photo. Hope can squeeze images out of her Nikon Coolpix that will astonish you. The photographs of her kids capture the essence of childhood and a mother's love with the same poignancy and joy of the paintings of Mary Cassatt..."


Tanya and Laurie . . . . I am truly honored and flattered that you have chosen me to receive this award. Sincere thanks to both of you for this award and your nice comments!



10/28/08 ~ Sincere thanks to JM of Oeiras and Environs Daily Photo who has given this award to me. I am truly honored and will enjoy passing this award on to others.

11/4/08 ~ Thanks so much to Sean Claes of Kyle, Texas Daily Photo for giving this award to me, also. It's a great honor and I appreciate it so much!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map