Knoxville Daily Photo will post one photo per day taken from the Knoxville/Knox County, Tennessee area. Knoxville is the city of my birth, the place where I work, and the largest city near our hometown. It's a wonderful community in which to raise our family. It's really a beautiful place . . . . at least I think so.

I am not a professional photographer; I call myself a point & shoot photographer. I have had a genuine love for and interest in photography since childhood. My camera is a Nikon Coolpix S600 ~ which I love for many reasons that I won't list here. Sometimes I use my old camera which is a Nikon Coolpix 5900.

Photography is something that I enjoy immensely. My photographs & albums are treasured above all other material things I own. The memories that are captured and preserved through my camera are so precious.

I am glad that I have discovered City Daily Photo and started a photo blog. It's an honor to share my little corner of the world with those who find themselves here. Enjoy looking around my blog, and welcome to all who visit.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happiness Is . . . a Balloon

Outside the entrance to Calhoun's Restaurant (located on the Knoxville waterfront of the Tennessee River) is this seating that looks to be taken from a train station of yesteryear.

I may not be sure about the antique seating, but I am sure about the kids' happiness when they were given these balloons as we left the restaurant! Such a simple gesture gave them such genuine happiness.



I have been given the Kreativ Blogger Award by JM of Oeiras and Environs Daily Photo.

Sincere thanks to JM for passing this award on to me....I am truly honored.





In receiving this award I must now list 6 things that make me happy. So many things bring happiness to my life . . . but I will list 6 things here that make me especially happy.

1) My son, daughter, and husband.

2) A good peaceful night's sleep with lots of warm blankets.

3) Chocolate of any kind or form.

4) Exploring and hiking within the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

5) Looking through old family albums and recalling precious memories of years past.

6) A family vacation to the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.


It's also my turn to pass this Kreativ Blogger Award on to 6 other bloggers . . . I have chosen 6 blogs that I enjoy visiting on a daily basis. Enjoy this award and have fun passing it on to others!

1) Denise at An English Girl Rambles

2) Gerald at Hyde Daily Photo

3) Felicia & Alexandra at San Diego Daily Photo

4) JT at Daily Photo L.A.

5) Julia at Kitakami Photoblog

6) Abraham Lincoln at Brookville ~ Ohio Daily Photo

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking of me and my blog with the award. I think the idea of an award is great, but I would not be able to choose who to pass it along to as there are way too many who deserve the award more than I do. So I accept the thought but will pass up the physical award.

I like your photo today too.

Jim Klenke said...

Did they let the balloons go and watch how high it could get?

Tanya Breese said...

I like this photo and I love that long seat!
Maybe it's just me but when restaurants hand out balloons, it makes for a pita of a ride home!

Haha, our 6 things we like are kinda similar in ways :)

Unknown said...

Most of the times a simple gesture says it all.
Wonderful pic!

Debbie Courson Smith said...

My daughter's favorite restaurant is also the one that gives free balloons when you leave.

gogouci said...

Balloons = happiness for my kids too. That is until they pop or they wake up to them deflated. Then it's a room full of frown-y faces.

Felicia said...

Dear Hope, thank you very much for thinking of our Daily Photo blog in San Diego and also for your comments there. We are just trying to keep up on a daily basis and are sorry we aren't able to visit you and many other blogs much! Your photo really shows the joy of childhood - aren't balloons incredible?!

kuanyin333 said...

Just adorable!

Ken Mac said...

nice symmetry with the bench at one angle offset by the rising balloons and your kid's upward gaze...

Unknown said...

Wow! Thank you for the award. I appreciate that!!

Laurie Allee said...

Another great shot! I love everything about this photo.

Gerald (SK14) said...

Thank you so much for the award. I really do appreciate it, but I do have an ambivalent attitude towards these things - see http://ackworthborn.blogspot.com/2008/02/couple-of-awards.html so I won't be displaying it nor passing it on.

I really do appreciate you thinking of me though.

Hope said...

Gerald,

It's OK about the award...I sent it with sincerity...but I do understand. I clicked on your link and read about your feelings on this subject.

I am new to photo blogging and my other family blog is almost 1 year old. I had never received or passed on an award until just about a week ago....then all of a sudden I've received 3 separate awards!

I wasn't quite sure about it all at first...but did think it might be fun to participate in.

Blogging has certainly opened up an entirely new world to me....and for the most part it's great fun!

I do truly enjoy your blog...and I do understand about the award. No worries!

~Hope in Knoxville



10/21/08 ~ Thank you to Leedra from Photography by Leedra


10/23/08 ~ Thanks so much to Tanya from Around Roanoke Daily Photo Blog

10/23/08 ~ Thanks also to Laurie from Glimpses of South Pasadena and your very kind words (to follow) . . .

"With gratitude and great pleasure I would like to pass the award to these photography bloggers:

Hope of Knoxville Daily Photo. Hope can squeeze images out of her Nikon Coolpix that will astonish you. The photographs of her kids capture the essence of childhood and a mother's love with the same poignancy and joy of the paintings of Mary Cassatt..."


Tanya and Laurie . . . . I am truly honored and flattered that you have chosen me to receive this award. Sincere thanks to both of you for this award and your nice comments!



10/28/08 ~ Sincere thanks to JM of Oeiras and Environs Daily Photo who has given this award to me. I am truly honored and will enjoy passing this award on to others.

11/4/08 ~ Thanks so much to Sean Claes of Kyle, Texas Daily Photo for giving this award to me, also. It's a great honor and I appreciate it so much!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map